Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hi everybody,
I don't know about you guys but I am a big history buff. If we have time while we are in Istanbul I would really like to visit the Kariye Museam also known as the "Chora Chora" or the "Chora church". It is very rare    and considering its age and fragility, may not be around more then another decade. It is in a small neighborhood in the western part of the Belediye municipality of faith. Although now a museum, it first served as a church, and then in the 16th century was converted into a mosque. Now, as a museum, it is chock full of priceless mosaics and paintings, along with a lot of other artwork. The Louvre in Paris has really inspired me as a viewer of fine art and would really like to include this in our itinerary if at all possible. You guys let me know if you have any thoughts on weather or not this would be an option.

See you at RDU!!!
Matt Gunnells

No comments:

Post a Comment