Friday, October 12, 2012

Fellow travelers,
It is a shame that kristine has fallen so ill. I didn't understand a word the doctors were saying but it sounded bad. Anyways, cant let that drag us down, maybe we will meet some interesting person in our hostel tonight that would like to continue along with us? any suggestions?

Anyways, it would be a shame to visit istanbul without visiting the Belgrad Forests. It is about 27 kilometers from here up the Buyukdere. I ran into a japanese man named Wang in the parlor of the hostel, he and his wife are headed up there tomorrow and have hired a van, he told me he could squeeze us all in round trip for only 50 US Dollars. I feel like this is a small price to pay for what lies ahead.

The Forest
The two  reservoirs we visited were beautiful and really made the trip to this deciduous  forest a gret experience as we were provided with many beautiful views. It was so interesting to me that the water from these reservoirs used to completely supply istanbul. Im also really glad we could fit that picnic gear in it made for a great day and we only spent 25 dollars at the market! To bad Wang had to eat half of my turkey! I hope you guys enjoyed this park visit as much as I did!
Lets Have some fun!


Matthew Gunnells


belgrat.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment